Name:
Location: SULLY, Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom

I have worked as a professional artist and poet for many years and often exhibit a related mix of poems, short stories and paintings.Main subjects are industrial images and townscapes. Much of my work is dislplayed on a range of blogs.It is simply a matter of pictures by paint and pictures by word. I see little difference between one medium and the other.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Garden Frolics

“Hello Brown” said Jones,
“How well your garden grows,
That rhubarb all of three feet tall
Should be a winner in all our shows
And those cucumbers in delightful green,
Though somewhat tattered about their bends,
Have a pleasing appearance with a gossamer sheen
Which, delicately, disguises their mildewed ends.”
“I must say “said Brown to Jones “it was not so long ago,
When as head gardener to her majesty the queen
And the ladies in waiting waited no more,
My rhubarb covered the palace green
And in line with my reputation
I won every silvered cup
Across the nation;
Imagine my
Elation”.



“Now then Brown” said Jones,
“ I am heartily sick of your frolics,
So to you dear sir a very good day
And please go elsewhere to talk Bolics”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home